Re: ASRock A785GMH/128M fails to find devices when in RAID mode and disk

From: Xen
Subject: Re: ASRock A785GMH/128M fails to find devices when in RAID mode and disks are present
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2016 22:01:36 +0200

I am probably sending this motherboard off tomorrow to a guy that wants to have it and who has buyers that do not care about Linux or RAID, apparently.

If you want any information, you have to request it now.

Of course if you are only interested in learning whether Grub2 works correctly or not with regards to other bootloaders, I can't help you.

I have not attempted Windows install either yet with RAID but I figure it won't be a problem (would be weird if they designed a motherboard and then it didn't work at all on Windows).

But if you want any info or any output as to what Grub2 would see while booting, you'd have to request it now. I don't know what commands to run. Maybe there is some raw output that Grub requests from the BIOS? Or something else that can identify where it goes wrong? I don't know. Of course if you have never had reports before, I don't know.

I've never heard of any motherboard not booting myself. However you would assume Windows does see any arrays. I take it the "ls" command should always report something, no matter how you install it.

Regards.