Re: OldWorld NetBootIng

From: Ben Hildred
Subject: Re: OldWorld NetBootIng
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 09:33:58 -0600

Old world macs do not work with grub. they do not have OpenFirmware, and will not netboot. New world macs have OpenFirmware, should work with grub (I have not yet confirmed this as I have been fighting cross compile issues and this is not yet a priority as other boot loaders work good enough for now), and netboot just fine (see hildred/unboot on github for a dhcp configuration file that should work with all macs that can netboot).