Re: Using "grub-mkimage -c" for a USB holding multiple /boot partitions.

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Using "grub-mkimage -c" for a USB holding multiple /boot partitions.
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 20:36:43 +0300

В Fri, 19 Dec 2014 01:52:04 -0800
Diagon <address@hidden> пишет:

> If I know what machine I'm on, based on some characteristic of the hardware,
> then I'll know what disk I have.  This is why Jordan was suggesting
> "hwmatch"; but there are no docs.  Can you tell me anything about how it
> works?

If this is the same command that was posted to grub-devel quite a while
back, it expects file with regular expressions to match PCI ID (where
PCI ID has the same format as in Linux) - one expression per line - and
PCI class. It sets variable "match" to either "1" or "0" depending on
whether some regexp in file matches any PCI device having given class.