Re: Grub2 plain dm-crypt support

From: John Lane
Subject: Re: Grub2 plain dm-crypt support
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 11:02:39 +0000

On 09/11/14 05:21, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> No, I do not think anything has changed since then.
I feared that would be the answer!
> You could start with git branch mentioned above.
I've looked at git. The branch "peter/devmapper" mentioned in the other
thread is over a year old.

I presume the relevant that files that implement the "cryptomount"
command are

    ./include/grub/cryptodisk.h
    ./grub-core/disk/cryptodisk.c

I can't see any changes in their git logs that refer to plan dm-crypt.
Being unfamiliar with the code, I don't really know what I am looking for.

I'd hoped there would be a specific branch that I could check out and
build, as building isn't a problem for me. But, if I have to modify code
to implement it, then that's a step too far.

> Do you mean - modules implementing crypto routines? I'm afraid, the
> only documentation is in sources.
Ok, thanks. I meant generally for all modules but specifically for the
crypto stuff that I am currently trying to use.
I have looked through the source but am none the wiser. All I know is
there is a "cryptmount" command.