Grub2 plain dm-crypt support

From: John Lane
Subject: Grub2 plain dm-crypt support
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 20:48:55 +0000

Hello, I am trying to establish whether Grub2 can open a plain-mode dm-crypt volume.

I haveĀ  grub-install (GRUB) 2.02~beta2

I can't find much information on the subject, the most recent I can see is a thread from a year ago
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-grub/2013-12/msg00004.html

What's the current situation - is it possible to boot using files stored on a plain dm-crypt volume?

I'd appreciate any guidance to help me get this to work. I don't mind if it means building a git checkout.

Also, I have looked for documentation on the crypt modules but cannot find any. I'd be grateful for a pointer towards any module documentation, as all I've been able to find is the main Grub user guide.

Many thanks in advance.