Win7 Recovery partition

From: Tom Davies
Subject: Win7 Recovery partition
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:28:10 +0100 (BST)

Hi :)
A painful laptop with 4 Windows primary partitions (3!! of them "Recovery Partitions"; 1 for Win7, 1 from the manufacturer, dunno what the last was).  I know the Recovery ones are rarely or never needed hopefully).

Can Grub2 boot those?  During the Windows boot process i can press various key combinations to access them but I'm not sure of the combinations or exactly when in the process (is it possible for me to find out?).

I'm considering using dd to copy the Windows Mbr somewhere and then try to document how to recover it in the event one of the recovery partitions does become needed but if Grub2 could handle it less inelegantly that would be magic.

Regards from
Tom :)