Re: Grub rescue

From: Chris Murphy
Subject: Re: Grub rescue
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 10:08:17 -0600

On Mar 25, 2013, at 3:41 AM, David WE Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Presumably enabling GPT with grub-install will allow me to use the grub
> rescue prompt to get the copy of Ubuntu on the GPT disc booted up.
>
> All I need now is the correct set of grub rescue commands to achieve this.

set and ls are your friend in rescue mode. Use ls to list the drives and their
partitions. Use set to find out where grub thinks it should be looking for grub
modules and grub.cfg, which is clearly wrong or it would have found them. The
goal is to get rescue to load normal.mod, and then you can get it to execute
grub.cfg which will load additional needed modules.

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/GRUB-only-offers-a-rescue-shell.html

Chris Murphy