"freedos" Command HowTo?

From: Jake Thomas
Subject: "freedos" Command HowTo?
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:31:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello again,

    One think I've been meaning to ask is how to use the freedos command. The
Grub manual doesn't document it.

    You'd think it'd be as simple as "freedos [path to freedos kernel]". I
remember trying to boot the FreeDOS kernel with Grub in the past and not
succeding. Wikipedia's FreeDOS article says that you can boot the FreeDOS
kernel by "chainloader [path to FreeDOS kernel]" using Grub legacy. This did
not work for me in Grub2, not even with --force.

     I haven't tried recently, I'm mainly asking for the proper way to boot
FreeDOS with Grub if there is one.

Cheers,
Jake