Re: is booting an OS without power cycling a host possible?

From: Arbiel Perlacremaz
Subject: Re: is booting an OS without power cycling a host possible?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:58:51 +0100

I do not quite understand what you want to do. Is that that, in a first stage, you want to boot distribution A, and then, in a second stage, switch to distribution B, as though you had directly booted distribution B.

This is definitely not possible.

Now, there is no difficulty to have grub2 (for Grub Legacy, you may be speaking of, I really don't know) residing on a drive to boot a distribution located on another drive.

So, please, clarify the situation you are in.

Arbiel