Re: is booting an OS without power cycling a host possible?

From: Peter Van Wieren
Subject: Re: is booting an OS without power cycling a host possible?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 14:24:06 -0700 (PDT)

The running system indeed could change grub.cfg to default to distribution "B", and I could reboot.  "B" should start OK.

My concern is that if "B" fails to boot, for whatever reason, or upon booting "B" I find that it lacks the tools to modify the MBR / grub.cfg then I will never ever be to revert the change to return the default distribution be "A", instead of "B".

In order to avoid risking this worst-case scenario, I was hoping to find some alternative.

Pete