Re: Is it possible to install GRUB (legacy) to a raw filesystem without

From: Jordan Uggla
Subject: Re: Is it possible to install GRUB (legacy) to a raw filesystem without partition table?
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 00:32:31 -0700

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Ottavio <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello Sirs,
>
> I am new to Grub, so please be patient.
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to install GRUB (legacy) to a
> raw filesystem without partition table.

It's possible with grub2, though it's not recommended. GRUB legacy has
not had an upstream for over 5 years (and thus also no upstream
support). Why not  use grub2?

> If you confirm me this is possible, I'll post details with my specific
> problem.

It's usually best to start with the details of your specific problem
when asking for support.

> Thank you
>
> --
> Ottavio
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

Jordan Uggla (Jordan_U on irc.freenode.net)