Gfxmenu (GRUB2's themable graphical menu)

From: Matt Sturgeon
Subject: Gfxmenu (GRUB2's themable graphical menu)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:16:31 +0000

Hi,

I am interested in GRUB2's GfxMenu, and am also interested in seeing
end-users seeing it, as opposed to BURG. I am interested to see which
version of grub begins inclusion of gfxmenu, and how far downstream it
is reaching (e.g. Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu, gNewSense, etc, etc).
Unfortunately, because of poor public documentation from these
downstream projects, I am forced to bother people such as yourselves for
updates on the situation, regarding gfxmenu: it seams BURG's publicity
has blinded everyone except Arch to gfxmenu (and even their gfxmenu is
outdated and heavily patched).

So, what is the development state of gfxmenu, what grub version is it
first included in, and how far downstream does it reach?

Thanks for taking your time to read this.