Re: Grub2: Where's the grub-update executable???

From: Dr. Dov Bulka
Subject: Re: Grub2: Where's the grub-update executable???
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:03:08 -0800 (PST)

Did not find grub-update but ran into grub-mkconfig instead. Still, when I reboot, I'm not able to pickup the new grub.conf that was created. Here's the sequence of steps I took:

(I'm using RHEL 2.6.18-8.rl5)

% cd /boot/grub
% grub-mkconfig -o grub.conf
% reboot -f

When grub appears, it goes straight to the command line prompt, ignoring the newly created grub.conf.

What am I doing wrong?

Dov