Re: Doubt about -fpic option for compiling objects of shared library

From: kiran
Subject: Re: Doubt about -fpic option for compiling objects of shared library
Date: 5 Oct 2005 06:07:05 -0700

Hello Paul and Matthias,

The crash on Xeon is now solved, when I downgraded the BinUtils
package. I am not sure about the reason behind it. I was using QT built
using this lower version of BinUtils, so thought of downgrading
BinUtils.

Now it works fine.
Thanks for your suggestions, solutions.

> Are you really sure that this is a crash? It seems more like an
> uncatched exception thrown intentionally in CheckInstOpen().
>
> According to <pan.2005.09.26.07.33.46.853709@users.sf.net> not on all
> architectures it is possible to catch exceptions outside a shared
> library which have been thrown inside the library.

Yes it was a real crash, I had catch blocks in the caller function.

Thanks and regards,
- Kiran