help-gnuzilla

Re: Building IceCat on macos 10.15

From: Johannes Marbach
Subject: Re: Building IceCat on macos 10.15
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 21:00:03 +0200

Hi Jean-Christophe,

> I wanted to try that again with macos 10.15 and found that the same
> instructions resulted in an error because libstdc++ is now deprecated and it
> is necessary to "pass '-stdlib=libc++' on the command line to use the libc++
> standard library instead".

I am not sure if it's helpful but in my build script for IceCat 60.3.0
on macOS 10.11 I had set the flags via

export CXX='/usr/bin/clang++ -stdlib=libc++'

I also seem to recall that some C++ errors went away after manually
installing the command line headers from Xcode.

I compiled all the info here: https://notabug.org/h3nn3s/icecat-mac

Hope some of it proves helpful.

Best,
Johannes