help-gnuzilla

Re: Building IceCat on macos 10.15

From: Johannes Marbach
Subject: Re: Building IceCat on macos 10.15
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 21:43:29 +0200

Hey Jean-Christophe,

I also seem to recall that some C++ errors went away after manually
installing the command line headers from Xcode.
There again, I did not have to do that 2 years ago.

I think this changed with Xcode 10. The release notes [1] mentioned this:

The command line tools will search the SDK for system headers by default. However, some software may fail to build correctly against the SDK and require macOS headers to be installed in the base system under /usr/include. If you are the maintainer of such software, we encourage you to update your project to work with the SDK or file a bug report for issues that are preventing you from doing so. As a workaround, an extra package is provided which will install the headers to the base system. In a future release, this package will no longer be provided. You can find this package at:

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Packages/macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg

I am not sure if that is the solution for your issue of course.

Best,
Johannes

[1]: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode_release_notes/xcode_10_release_notes