help-gnunet

[Help-gnunet] Feature request -- better status info

From: Nathan Lutchansky
Subject: [Help-gnunet] Feature request -- better status info
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 19:42:38 -0500

I finally got a chance to test out GNUnet 0.5.0 -- very nice.  Seems to be
a significant improvement in performance and stability over 0.4.6.

Now that there's a moderate amount of content available, I've been able to
download some (non-text) files from GNUnet from the first time ever.  I
noticed my node is only connected to 8 hosts, even though it receives over
200 HELO messages from the HTTP server.  Is this the same as what other
people are seeing?  TCP support in my node is turned off pending a bugfix
for the socket leak, so maybe the vast majority of hosts are TCP-only?
That can't be right...

Anyway, I would like gnunet-stats to give me more status info about what's
happening with the network, specifically broken out by peer.  Minimally,
it would be nice to see the IP addresses of the nodes gnunetd is connected
to, but I'd like to be able to have peer-specific stats (throughput, bytes
transferred, counts of each type of request, connection uptime, etc).

If any developers are looking for a quick project, this likely wouldn't
take too long.  I'd do it myself, but I haven't yet gotten very far on the
IPv6 transport so I shouldn't promise anything more.  :-)  -Nathan

--
Help filter spam!  PGP-sign your email.