help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Overflow

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Overflow
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 00:56:59 -0500

On Monday 19 November 2012, Rupert Swarbrick wrote:
> Could something be going wrong on
>
>   .print tran v(nodes)
>
> maybe? I haven't checked the code, but maybe there's a "long
> line" sanity check?

There used to be a limit on how many probes, but that was so
long ago I forgot about it.  That was before the code was
changed to use "stl", which provides a resizeable array.

Output lines are written in chunks, where a chunk consists of a
complete number or word.

There is a changeable max on line length.  option out defaults
to 9999 .. will be changed to be MAXINT.  Once upon a time, it
defaulted to 80, because it fit on the displays and printers of
the time.  Spice did too.