help-gnucap

[Help-gnucap] Slow at maths while doing tran

From: romain . gailleton
Subject: [Help-gnucap] Slow at maths while doing tran
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 15:42:00 +0100

Hey guys thanks for answering my previous questions,

output windows was too small so we made a quick shortcut about output nodes...
Sorry for giving you trouble!

I also have a question ! We've encountered an issue and can't figure out if our work is wrong or if this is implied by Gnucap Mechanics.
That's why i ask you guys to see if you have an idea.

Here's our issue :

We are trying to simulate some piece of circuit. Retrieve the data using "gnucap> tran | tool".

The issue comes when the circuit becomes bigger and bigger, sometimes the time for gnucap to do the maths to calculate the new signal values takes a bit more time.
So in the gnucap output we have

print tran v(nodes)
tran 1 1
param ParamDev12=10
tran | tool

        Wait for 5seconds

Fact is that gnucap, when we change some parameters, sends its output to the system queue, so our tool, convinently named "tool", will see the end of the queue and stop acquiring it. At that time, gnucap sends the rest of the stream, but tool already returned OK, so we can not process the whole data Hence, issue. Would you have any idea on how to customize a bit gnucap (in "gnucap> option") to do the maths faster ?

With some other parameters it works just great !

Pardon my French ;) and , thank you guys !