help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Slow at maths while doing tran

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Slow at maths while doing tran
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 16:46:46 +0100

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 03:42:00PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> >print tran v(nodes)
> >tran 1 1
> >param ParamDev12=10
> >tran | tool
>
>       #Time -------------------
>       7. ----------------------
>       Wait for 5seconds
>       8. ----------------------
>
> Fact is that gnucap, when we change some parameters, sends its
> output to the system queue, so our tool, convinently named "tool",
> will see the end of the queue and stop acquiring it. At that time,
> gnucap sends the rest of the stream, but tool already returned OK,
> so we can not process the whole data Hence, issue. Would you have
> any idea on how to customize a bit gnucap (in "gnucap> option") to
> do the maths faster ?

tool should totally not stop processing before the file descriptor has
been closed (by gnucap). this has nothing to do with timing.

try to check:
- does gnucap write out things correctly if you do "gnucap>tran > file"?
- does tool process that file correcly "sh$ tool < file"?
- what causes tool to stop processing? usually any sort of
  "while(read(fd))" or "while(<>)" or "for lines in file"
  should definitely wait for EOF...

but i'm curious: could you provide a minimal example that reproduces the
issue?

have fun
felix