help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] AC analysis sigsegv

From: Al Davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] AC analysis sigsegv
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 00:58:09 -0400

On Saturday 11 October 2003 08:56 pm, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> The following circuit is causing gnucap to sigsegv. I'm not
> very familiar with spice, so it may be pilot error.
> Regardless, a sigsegv isn't expected.
>
> Cheers,
> Shaun
>

> Fig 7.27 Common-Collector Common-Emitter Cascade
> * cbes
> V1 1 0 0 ac(1 0)

You triggered a chain of bugs...

First, the syntax ac(1 0) to specify magnitude and phase is not
supported.  You can say "complex(1 0)" for real part and
imaginary part, or you can say "phase = 45" to specify a phase.
Just leaving it out works, too.

Also, there is a bug that is triggered by the parentheses.
Leave them out.  The bug is to misinterpret the line to mean
you are refering to a ".model" statement.  But what is its
name? (second bug).  The sigsegv comes later from this.

I have not found it exactly, yet, but wanted to respond quickly
with a work-around.  Leave out the parentheses, and don't use
the number number form.  Make that line "V1 1 0 0 ac 1", or
better yet "V1 1 0 dc 0 ac 1".