help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Log

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Log
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:27:33 +0200

Morten Winther <address@hidden> wrote:

> Can someone tell me how I turn on all debug log in the  raddb/config?

There will be a lot of it. And it will hurt performance too:

level  "acct.c", "auth.c", "builddbm.c", "checkrad.c", "exec.c",
"files.c", "input.c", "pam.c",  "proxy.c", "radius.c", "radiusd.c",
"radutil.c", "request.c", "rewrite.y", "rpp.c", "scheme.c",
"snmpserv.c", "sql.c", "stat.c";

> What does  prefix-hook "default_log_prefix" do?

See http://www.gnu.org/software/radius/manual/html_node/radius_23.html#SEC33

Default log prefix displays in logs the information about the request.

> Why is there no channel line in the category auth part? What does that mean?

It will fall into `category *' settings.

> This is so advanced that I really don't understand the doc - can
> someone explain?

`channel' defines logging channel: will it be a file or syslog facility,
what additional information (pid, category name, etc.) should be
displayed when printing to that channel.

`category' describes where log messages related to a particular category
should go.

> I have no rewrite file, but this:
>
> rewrite {
>         load "checknas.rw";
>         load "log-hook.rw";
> };
>
> What does this mean?

checknas.rw contains functions used for checking simultaneous logins.
log-hook.rw contains logging hook functions.

> Can I get GNU Radius to use
> /var/log/radacct/<NAS-Identifier>/.. instead of <NAS-IP-Address> ?

Hmm, that's possible with some modifications. Let me think about
it. I'll write you a bit later.

> I found out that if the NAS doesn't send the <NAS-IP-Address> then GNU
> radius uses the IP from the UDP packet.

Yes, it does.

> I'm in a situation where I cant use the <NAS-IP-Address> attrib
> because its a locate adresse from many different LAN's.
>
> Can I rewrite the request so that the <NAS-IP-Address> gets deleted
> and GNU Radius then uses the source address from UDP?

You may remove NAS-IP-Address from the request, using this function:

integer
foo()
{
        delete %[NAS-IP-Address];