help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Log

From: Morten Winther
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Log
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:03:09 +0100

Hello

Can someone tell me how I turn on all debug log in the  raddb/config?

This is the default:

logging {
       prefix-hook "default_log_prefix";
       channel default {
               file "radius.log";
               print-category yes;
               print-level yes;
       };
       channel info {
               file "radius.info";
               print-pid yes;
       };
       channel debug {
               file "radius.debug";
       };
       category auth {
               print-auth yes;
               print-failed-pass yes;
       };
       category info {
               channel info;
       };
       category =debug {
               channel debug;
       };
       category * {
               channel default;
       };
};

What does  prefix-hook "default_log_prefix" do?

Why is there no channel line in the category auth part? What does that mean?

This is so advanced that I really don't understand the doc - can someone explain?

I cant find a list of all availeble modules to specify in DEBUG_LEVEL?

I have no rewrite file, but this:

rewrite {
       load "checknas.rw";
       load "log-hook.rw";
};

What does this mean?

Can I get GNU Radius to use /var/log/radacct/<NAS-Identifier>/.. instead of <NAS-IP-Address> ?

I found out that if the NAS doesn't send the <NAS-IP-Address> then GNU radius uses the IP from the UDP packet.

I'm in a situation where I cant use the <NAS-IP-Address> attrib because its a locate adresse from many different LAN's.

Can I rewrite the request so that the <NAS-IP-Address> gets deleted and GNU Radius then uses the source address from UDP?

Please adwise.

Best regards

Morten Winther