help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Re: Help-gnu-radius Digest, Vol 15, Issue 4

From: j. roughan
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Re: Help-gnu-radius Digest, Vol 15, Issue 4
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:46:45 -0800 (PST)

See: In line comments ( but basically I can`t
understand the question in its current context)

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:49:31 +1100
From: David Beards <address@hidden>
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Problems with RADIUS and
router to router

Hi Everyone,

I'm running a Cisco 3640 router as the main dial in
NAS and I'm trying
to connect a Cisco 801 router into it using ISDN.

I know the configurations of the boxes is correct as I
have the setup
configured and working with local authentication on
the 3640.

**so then the connection is working? **

I'm trying to change my routers over to RADIUS
authentication and when
users dial in with a laptop everything works great
(Showing that RADIUS
is configured correctly for a normal dial up user).

*** lol, so then the connection is working? ***

Using the Cisco 801
to dial in I get authenticated (the log files show
this) however
routing
doesn't appear to work.

*** Apologies, but you lost me here. What does routing
have to do with radius? ; )  But to cut to the chase,
which commands are you using & what are you trying to
verify?

My problem is obviously due to the RADIUS
configuration, however I have
no idea as to what it could be. The router
authenticates fine but it's
as if information isn't being passed to the router as
part of the PPP
configuration.

The thing that doesn't seem to make any sense is even
though I know the
routers are connected, the 3640 does not show a
connected user on any
ISDN lines.

*** What command? show......?

Any and all help or suggestions would be appreciated.

*** hmmm, turn on debug & or increase logging details.
(theoretically )separate radius authentication from
ISDN & or routing.