help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Problems with RADIUS and router to router configuratio

From: David Beards
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Problems with RADIUS and router to router configuration
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:49:31 +1100

Hi Everyone,

I'm running a Cisco 3640 router as the main dial in NAS and I'm trying to connect a Cisco 801 router into it using ISDN.

I know the configurations of the boxes is correct as I have the setup configured and working with local authentication on the 3640.

I'm trying to change my routers over to RADIUS authentication and when users dial in with a laptop everything works great (Showing that RADIUS is configured correctly for a normal dial up user). Using the Cisco 801 to dial in I get authenticated (the log files show this) however routing doesn't appear to work.

My problem is obviously due to the RADIUS configuration, however I have no idea as to what it could be. The router authenticates fine but it's as if information isn't being passed to the router as part of the PPP configuration.

My USER file has the following entry which allows the router to connect:

morwell-r10     Auth-Type = Local,
                        User-Password = XXX
        Service-Type= Framed-User,
                Framed-Protocol = PPP

where XXX is the unencrypted password.

The thing that doesn't seem to make any sense is even though I know the routers are connected, the 3640 does not show a connected user on any ISDN lines.

Any and all help or suggestions would be appreciated.
--
David Beards
Technical Manager Networks and Systems

Ph:  +61 3 9262 8204
FAX: +61 3 9262 8383
Mob: 0419 519 366

CAUTION - This message is intended for the use of the individual or
entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you
are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
reproduction of this message is prohibited and that you must not take
any action in reliance on it.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify CFA immediately and destroy the original
message.