help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] AS5350 & Radius

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] AS5350 & Radius
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:36:14 +0200

Hi John,

> Feb 05 19:12:37 Auth.notice: (Access-Request as5350 3 "foo" CLID=9195555555
> CSID=0373): Login incorrect [foo/{chap-password}]

The string '{chap-password}' indicates that the NAS chose to use CHAP
protocol for authentication. However, in your raddb/users you have

> DEFAULT Auth-Type = System,

which is incompatible with CHAP, because CHAP requires that the passwords be
stored in plaintext. So you will either have to use `Auth-Type=Local'
and keep plaintext passwords (in raddb/users or in an SQL database),
or reconfigure your NAS to use PAP instead (if my memory serves me,
on Cisco this can be achieved by using `ppp authentication pap default'
in the `interface' configuration).

Regards,
Sergey