help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Configuring GNU Radius as a proxy RADIUS server

From: Anderson Nadal
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Configuring GNU Radius as a proxy RADIUS server
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:44:31 -0300

Hy Mike.

If do you want to redirect auth requests (ex address@hidden to radius
10.0.0.1 and address@hidden to radius 20.0.0.1) use the realms config file.

The sintax is:

# Realm                 Remote server[:port[:port]]     flags
#----------------       ---------------------           --------
#isp2.com               radius.isp2.com                 nostrip,quota=10
#company.com            radius.company.com:1600

Using the domain and domain1:

domain            10.0.0.1            strip or not strip
domain2          20.0.0.1            strip or not strip

If you use strip, the user name is sent whitout @domain,  nostrip send
the address@hidden

[]'s
Nadal

Mike Wright wrote:

Hi Folks,

What I want to do is fairly simple: use GNU Radius as a proxy and send the authentication requests to another Radius server.

I have been trying to get GNU Radius working without success. Can someone here can give me a few quick start pointers.

I have read through the manual and config file examples but I still can't get it to work. There are so many config files, not all of them seem to be relevant to a proxy - does someone have example configs that they can share or a summary of which files I need to edit?

Cheers,

Mike