help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Define 'groups' by NAS-IP-Address

From: Dave Ellenberger
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Define 'groups' by NAS-IP-Address
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:48:48 +0100

Hi,

It's me! ... again with another minor problem. I hope I'm not on your spam
list yet ;-)

Example, I have 3 NASs:
nas1 ip 1.2.3.4   lucent type
nas2 ip 1.2.3.5   lucent type
nas3 ip 1.2.3.6   cisco type

So I have 2 different types of NAS to serve, I would like to group them up.

So I tried different combinations, first attempt was like the following,
raddb/hints:
DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = 1.2.3.4, Strip-User-Name = No
               Hint = "Lucent",
DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = 1.2.3.5, Strip-User-Name = No
               Hint = "Lucent",
DEFAULT NAS-IP-Address = 1.2.3.6, Strip-User-Name = No
               Hint = "Cisco",

I throw the following in raddb/users:
DEFAULT Hint = "Lucent",
               some special configuration params for cisco
DEFAULT Hint = "Cisco",
               some special configuration params for lucent

This is not working, NAS-IP-Address is not allowed in LHS so it says...
I tried some different ways to configure this, but none of my attemps were
successfull.

The main problem is that the same login can/should be used for all 3 NASs. So
can't "work arround" by creating some more users and groups. This would work
but I'm sure there's some way I can make it better.

Does anyone have a good idea?

-Dave