help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Problem with @ in username

From: Dave Ellenberger
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Problem with @ in username
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 20:52:52 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to make GNU Radius version 0.96.4 work with @'s in usernames. I
was using some old livingston 1.16 or something and I need to be able to
have users like 'address@hidden' in the radius file/db.
My ./etc/raddb/users:

test  Password = "123"
        User-Service = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-Routing = None

address@hidden Password = "123"
        User-Service = Framed-User,
        Framed-Protocol = PPP,
        Framed-Routing = None

When starting up radiusd:
May 15 20:40:48: Main.error: /usr/local/radius/etc/raddb/users:10: parse
error
May 15 20:40:48: Main.error: discarding user `test2'

Line 10 is the line with 'address@hidden Password = "123"', I guess
the @ or the dot is troubling the parser.

Ok, no biggie since I'm able to read manuals and find the following hint:
username-chars
Determines characters that are valid within a username. The alphanumeric
characters are always allowed in a username, it is not necessary to specify
them in this statement. By default the following characters are allowed in a
username: address@hidden&\/"'.

The @-character is allready allowed with the default?
So the original (GNU 0.96.4 shipped andunchanged) ./etc/raddb/config file
should work? Why does it not in my case?

Dave