help-gnu-radius

[Help-gnu-radius] Cisco AS5200 VSA oddness

From: Andrea Mistrali
Subject: [Help-gnu-radius] Cisco AS5200 VSA oddness
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 11:07:59 +0200

Hi to all.

Maybe this is not a GNU Radius related question, more a Cisco related one, but
I think I could find someone here who could answer.

I'm setting up a Cisco AS5200 to authenticate users against GNU Radius.

If I put

aaa accounting vsa send
radius-server xxx.xxx.xxx.x auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813

I see that Cisco sends VSA, but GNU Radius does not handle them.

If I change configuration on the AS5200 to

no aaa accounting vsa send
radius-server xxx.xxx.xxx.x auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 non-standard

RADIUS handles them.

Of course I have included dict/cisco in my dictionary, but it does not seem to
recognize them.

One other strange thing that I suspect is related to the above problem is that
Cisco-Disconnect-Cause is not interpolated, it is written in the detail file
as a number and not as a string.

TIA for any help.

--
 Andrea Mistrali