help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Login-Time

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Login-Time
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 09:41:25 +0300

> > If so, it is in no way connected with the Login-Time attribute.

Sorry, my answer wasn't quite correct. The following:

> -------------
>   Login-Time defines the time span a user may login to the system. The
>   Radiusd calculates the number of seconds left in the time span, and
>   sets the Session-Timeout to that number of seconds. So if someones
>   Login-Time is "Al0800-1800" and she logs in at 17:30, Session-Timeout
>   is set to 1800 seconds so that she is kicked off at 18:00.

remains in force for GNU Radius as well. I just meant that
*computation*, of both attributes is independent. If Login-Time
appears in the user's profile and its limit is shorter than that
set by the Session-Timeout, the latter is reset accordingly.

Regards,
Sergey