help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Login-Time

From: Systems Administrator
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Login-Time
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 11:57:59 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:

> >     Hi there.  My guess is that the Login-Time attribute also affects
> > Session-Time (based on some comments elsewhere about Cistron RADIUS), but
> > the manual doesn't say.
>
> There is no such attribute as Session-Time. Did you mean Session-Timeout?

        Yes.  Thanks & sorry :).

> If so, it is in no way connected with the Login-Time attribute.

        Hmm.  It'd be nice if it worked like the Cistron one.  The link
below links to a post on the Ascend RADIUS list, but you'll notice it's
talking about Cistron RADIUS.

http://archives2.real-time.com/rte-ascend/1999/Dec/msg00142.html

        The relevant bit is:
-------------
  Login-Time defines the time span a user may login to the system. The
  Radiusd calculates the number of seconds left in the time span, and
  sets the Session-Timeout to that number of seconds. So if someones
  Login-Time is "Al0800-1800" and she logs in at 17:30, Session-Timeout
  is set to 1800 seconds so that she is kicked off at 18:00.

        Anyway, I'm using Cistron at the moment, but am hoping to upgrade
to GNU late this year.  Is there a way to achieve the same effect with GNU
RADIUS?

        :)

--
Tim Nelson