Re: can vertico approximate this ido setup?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: can vertico approximate this ido setup?
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 17:54:16 -0700

thank you, tassilo.

for now, i found that by adding yet another ido package,
ido-completing-read-plus or so, i can get back most of my ido setup
that was broken by emacs 27.1.

i think that, long-term, i should try to get decenly similar behavior
from vertico and friends, but at this time it is too much for me so i
took notes from your comments.  if my ido breaks with 28+, i will
likely need to try again.

fido-vertical [which is is not in 27.1] with my ido setup or built-in
are also possible candidates, but as mentioned, vertico et al. seem a
likely good target to switch to.