RE: [External] : add-hook without need for intermediate functions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : add-hook without need for intermediate functions
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 21:05:49 +0000

> > The doc I cited tells you that that not-needing
> > [a TURN-ON function] doesn't apply to globalized
> > minor modes.
>
> What's a globalized minor mode?

Ask Emacs:

 C-h i m Elisp RET

 i globali TAB RET

____

You can define a global minor mode directly
(from scratch), with macro `define-minor-mode'
and keyword arg `:global t'.

You can define a global minor mode indirectly,
based on a buffer-local minor mode, with macro
`define-globalized-minor-mode'.  For this you
need to provide a TURN-ON function.
____

Turn on, tune in, drop out - globally or buffer
locally.