Re: Emacs i18n

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 16:22:48 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> French based programming languages are: Logo, RoboMind,
> Catrobat, AppleScript, ALGOL 68, GOTO++, Linotte, LSE,
> BASICOIS, SPIP, 4th Dimension, so that is all from the
> above reference.

"French-based", uhm, what does that mean? ALGOL 68 seems to be
a Swiss/Dutch thing?
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALGOL>

Switzerland, is that what you mean? In Belgium they speak
French in the capital which is more international I guess, but
I heard the administration does everything double! And also in
the southern part (~half) around Liège which has dominated
politically historically, or am I wrong? But the Dutch guys,
what do they speak? Dutch? Which is close to German,
absolutely not French? But they speak French in Switzerland
(among other languages) so that what you mean?

Anyway big thanks for that list Jean, looks very exotic!
I only know (have heard of) Logo and ALGOL. I'll add them to
the HIST file sometime soon, God willing! Keep 'em coming,
French or not...

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/COMP-HIST
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/bot/scripts/hist
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/#bot