Re: Emacs i18n

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs i18n
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 19:49:05 +0200

Christopher Dimech wrote:

> It is the same problem of translating english publications
> to other languages. Rarely happens. Although the best works
> almost always get translated, because there exists a market
> for them.
>
> The Adventures of Pinocchio is best :)
>
> Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
> Andersen's Fairy Tales
> El Ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de la Mancha
> The Adventures of Asterix
> The Adventures of Tintin
> Harry Potter
> Bhagavad Gita
> The Diary of a Young Girl
> Winnie-the-Pooh
> Pippi Longstocking
> The Alchemist
> The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
> Nineteen Eighty-Four
> Isha Upanishad

>From the Franco-Belgian comic book bande dessinée industry,
craft, and art form:

  Blueberry
  The Incal (not in the list below)
  The Metabarons (*)
  Thorgal
  ... and many others

(*) Here the script author, Alejandro Jodorowsky, is Chilean
    (or Chilean-French they say officially, that's news for
    me, he is more South American than French to the style
    anyway)
    <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alejandro_Jodorowsky> and
    the artist, Juan Giménez, is from Argentine, but they
    belong to the French Métal Hurlant sphere nonthesame, and
    Jean Giraud AKA Moebius (of France) drew old-school Incal
    ("L'Incal") where the Metabaron appeared as a character,
    so it is French despite or much thanks to the awesome work
    of Giménez, Giraud, and Jodorowsky.

https://dataswamp.org/~incal/books/books.bib

%%%% Thorgal

@book{thorgal,
  author     = {Jean Van Hamme and Grzegorz Rosinski},
  isbn       = {91-7089-710-7},
  publisher  = {Casablanca},
  title      = {Thorgal: Den onde guden},
  year       = {1993 (1987)}
}

@book{thorgals-varld-kriss-3,
  author     = {De Vita and Sente and Dorison and Mariolle and Surzhenko},
  isbn       = {978-91-88897-00-8},
  publisher  = {Cobolt},
  title      = {Thorgals värld: Kriss från Valnor 3},
  year       = {2019 (2014-2015)}
}

@book{thorgals-varld-kriss-2,
  author     = {De Vita and Yves Sente},
  isbn       = {978-91-87861-74-1},
  publisher  = {Cobolt},
  title      = {Thorgals värld: Kriss från Valnor 2: Krigardrottningen},
  year       = {2018}
}

@book{thorgal-5,
  author     = {Jean Van Hamme and Grzegorz Rosinski},
  isbn       = {978-91-87861-68-0},
  publisher  = {Cobolt},
  title      = {Thorgal 5: Genom tid och rum},
  year       = {2017 (1989-91)}
}

@book{thorgal-3,
  author     = {Jean Van Hamme and Grzegorz Rosinski},
  isbn       = {978-91-87861-21-5},
  publisher  = {Cobolt},
  title      = {Thorgal 3: Vikingar och gudar},
  year       = {2016 (1988)}
}

@book{thorgal-2,
  author     = {Jean Van Hamme and Grzegorz Rosinski},
  isbn       = {978-91-87861-12-3},
  publisher  = {Cobolt},
  title      = {Thorgal 2: I fiendens spår},
  year       = {2015}
}

%%%% Metabarons

@book{metabarons-poet-and-killer,
  author     = {Alexandro Jodorowsky and Juan Giménez},
  isbn       = 1930652232,
  publisher  = {Humanoids},
  title      = {Metabarons: Poet and Killer},
  year       = {2002}
}

@book{metabarons-path-of-the-warrior,
  author     = {Alexandro Jodorowsky and Juan Giménez},
  isbn       = {193065247X},
  publisher  = {Humanoids},
  title      = {Metabarons: Path of the Warrior},
  year       = {2002}
}

%%%% Blueberry

@book{blueberry-8,
  author     = {Jean-Michael Charlier and Jean Giraud},
  isbn       = {978-91-87861-99-4},
  publisher  = {Cobolt},
  title      = {Blueberry 8},
  year       = {2019 (1990-1999)}
}

@book{blueberry-6,
  author     = {Jean-Michael Charlier and Jean Giraud},
  isbn       = {978-91-87861-84-0},
  publisher  = {Cobolt},
  title      = {Blueberry 6},
  year       = {2018 (1974-1980)}
}

@book{blueberry-5,
  author     = {Jean-Michael Charlier and Jean Giraud},
  isbn       = {978-91-87861-67-3},
  publisher  = {Cobolt},
  title      = {Blueberry 5},
  year       = {2017}
}

@book{blueberry-4,
  author     = {Jean-Michael Charlier and Jean Giraud},
  isbn       = {978-91-87861-54-3},
  publisher  = {Cobolt},
  title      = {Blueberry 4},
  year       = {2017 (1968-1970)}