Re: Check/find/locate the customized function/command of a specific proj

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: Check/find/locate the customized function/command of a specific project in Emacs conveniently/quickly/efficiently.
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 23:32:54 +0200

Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> writes:

>> It seems like use-package! is a macro defined by Doom Emacs, so you can
>> do C-h f use-package! RET to read its documentation.  Similarly,
>> +latex-symbols-company-backend seems like a Lisp variable added by Doom
>> Emacs, so you can get help by doing C-h v +latex-symbols-company-backend
>> RET.
>>
>> Alternatively, you can type C-h o (describe-symbol) to get documentation
>> about any symbol (variable, function, etc.).
>
> To use the above method, I must have installed Doom Emacs, but that's
> not the case on my side - I just want to inspect Doom Emacs'
> configurations source code for learning some mechanisms developed by
> it.

In that case, as the ELisp code is not part of the environment, you
could try any of the following features:

- Create a TAGS file for the files in the Doom project.  Read (info
  "(emacs) Tags Tables") for more information.

- M-x grep or M-x rgrep to use grep or a similar tool to search for
  a regular expression.

- If you want something a bit more sophisticated that understands ELisp
  better, you could try the ELPA package el-search
  (https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/el-search.html).