Gnus configuration

From: Edouard Debry
Subject: Gnus configuration
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 23:30:31 +0200

Hello,

I configured gnus to work with an imap server.

The network is rather slow so, I turned on cache and put all messages in
the gnus cache.

Trouble is that the cached mark seems to take precedence over other
secondary marks, like "replied" or "forwarded". Is it possible to
configure gnus to revert the precedence order ?

In my case, I think it is more useful to see any other secondary mark
than the cached one, before the cached mark and, see this later only if
no other secondary marks apply to the message.

Secondary marks show up in the gnus-summary-line-format with %R.

Another trouble is that, as soon as a message enters the cache, the
number of characters (%k) is no more displayed and is replaced by "n/a".
Is it possible to configure gnus so as to keep the number of characters
event if the article is cached ?

Regards