Re: There is a docker image of GNU Emacs?

From: Byung-Hee HWANG
Subject: Re: There is a docker image of GNU Emacs?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 11:41:08 +0900

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> 황병희 wrote:
>
>> Hi i would like to test GNU Emacs 27.2 possibly with docker
>> image. Currently my OS is Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Any comments
>> welcome!!!
>
> Heh, docker?
>
> Get the source and compile, Emacs is super-easy to compile,
> even I can do it, so you sure can. It doesn't interrupt with
> anything, get source, try, and discard if you are defecting
> to vim or something.
>
> You can get the source from your distro's repos
>
>   apt-get source $emacs
>
> but better just download it:
>
>    http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/gnu.org/gnu/emacs/
>
> 23.4 is my personal fav

Hellow Emanuel long time no see ^^^

Because i just wish to study about docker so that someday far later i
will make FreeBSD's docker image of GNU Emacs -- this is my final
goal. Actually about 10 years ago i used GNU Emacs with `berkeley-unix'
as system-type on FreeBSD STABLE. Sometimes i miss the string
berkeley-unix.

And i would be anchor on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS as base OS until 2028,
maybe?

Sincerely, Gnus fan Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _白衣從軍_ 감사합니다_^))//