Re: Skipping words with C-<right> like other editors do

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Skipping words with C-<right> like other editors do
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 16:27:51 +0700

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 1:49 AM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> I came up with the following functions. Usage:
>
> Why not use find-word-boundary-function-table?

Hm, no luck.

Consider the following buffer text (with ‘|’ indicating point and
second line showing numeric positions):

    foo| *** +++ bar

Invoking ‘forward-word’ here causes the function registered in
‘find-word-boundary-function-table’ to be called with arguments (13
16), but we wanted to stop at 8. By the time the driver asks if anyone
wants off the bus, we’re already way past our stop!