How to make a command undoable in one step?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: How to make a command undoable in one step?
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 10:37:46 +0200

Hi all,

so I have this command of mine which does a few `insert's, but I'd like
it to be undoable in one step.  How do I achieve that?  I noticed that
adding `undo-auto-amalgamate' at the beginning (almost) does the trick,
but then consecutive calls of this command are, well, amalgamated into
one undo step, which I don't like.  So I explicitly call `undo-boundary'
at the end of the command.  This works, but after some thought I guess
there must be a better way.  Any hints?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski