Re: From Gnus to mu4e

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: From Gnus to mu4e
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 12:08:42 +0200

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> Yes - offlineimap is running permanently, but ony checks in specific
> intervalls - the rest of the time it is idling, but can, if told so,
> keep the connection open (and this is what I do in my config).

This is incorrect.

    In email technology, IDLE is an IMAP feature described in RFC 2177
    that allows a client to indicate to the server that it is ready to
    accept real-time notifications.                        (Wikipedia)

What you are talking about is polling; like a chron job.  This is
inefficient.

Rasmus

--
m-mm-mmm-mmmm bacon!