Re: send selection or current line to Terminal/iTerm

From: klebsiella
Subject: Re: send selection or current line to Terminal/iTerm
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 08:09:43 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Robert,

Paste is working fine. The idea of sending the current line or selection to
the terminal allows
1) To avoid the selection and copy steps, when a line needed to be executed,
or the copy step in a selection
2) To keep the focus on the code when you send something to get executed
3) I personally like iTerm. I have tried emacs shell, coupled with ess-mode
of course or simply isend-mode, to interact with R in my case, but found it
inconvenient in some ways (i.e copy pasting in the shell buffer, inside an R
process, caused me always problems. !!! )
4) last, I like emacs and I knew that this feature (sending current
selection or line to Terminal) is implemented/builtin in other editors. I
wanted to make it run on my emacs (maybe just to prove that we can do
everything with emacs - and yes we can).

All best,
K.