[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Handling mail
Re: Handling mail
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 21:25:45 +0100
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
On 7/15/2011 7:58 PM, Johan Vromans wrote:
The problems that I actually experience during daily use is:
- No proper display if Unicode characters (Emacs and Gnus do this right,
- Mysterious handling of message attachments (some are displayed inline,
some are displatched to external 'viewers', but most are offered to be
saved to disk). This may be a problem external to Emacs.
What version of VM are you using?
The handling of message attachments is handled by your option settings,
such as vm-mime-internal-content-types and
vm-mime-external-content-types-alist etc. What are your settings for
these variables? Do you have emacs-w3m installed for handling html?
Moreover, VM provides some nifty features that I haven't yet found out
how to do with Gnus:
- Automatically infer the name of the file to save a message into,
depending on the sender name (and using the mail-folder property in
the BBDB, if any).
- In the summary, display the name of the recipient if the sender is me
('me' being a list of mail addresses). This is particularly handy
since I save BCC's of outgoing messages in my primary mailbox.
- Automatically (or on demand) change my from, reply-to, selected
headers and signature depending on which of my email addresses the
message was sent to.
Absolutely. I haven't tried the other mail clients. So I can't speak
for them. But VM does have myriads of little features that make life
- Handling mail, Johan Vromans, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Alberto Luaces, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Richard Riley, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Bastien, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Johnny, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Johan Vromans, 2011/07/15
- Message not available
- Re: Handling mail,
Uday Reddy <=
- Re: Handling mail, Eric Abrahamsen, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Bill Wohler, 2011/07/18