[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:25:29 +0200
After having used GNU/Emacs+VM for 20-odd years I wonder: is it still
viable to use Emacs to handle modern mail?
Most mail and mail-related packages (e.g. VM, BBDB, MailCrypt, WL)
seem to be outdated and unmaintained for years. Many problems exist
with multi-media mail, Unicode, and so on.
Gnus seems to be the only package that is up-to-date (I use it for
reading news and mailing lists), however I've never been able to live
with it as a news reader. I'm very hooked to VM's virtual folders.
My dearest wish is to continue using Emacs for mail but currently this
feels like a dead end.
What are your ideas and suggestions?
- Handling mail,
Johan Vromans <=
- Re: Handling mail, Alberto Luaces, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Richard Riley, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Bastien, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Johnny, 2011/07/15
- Re: Handling mail, Eric Abrahamsen, 2011/07/15