Re: emacs newbie

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: emacs newbie
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:50:38 +0200

Am 04.07.2011 12:05, schrieb C K Kashyap:
Hi,
I am a long time VI user. I have decided to switch to emacs for two reasons
-
1. I've become a fan of functional programming and would like to be able to
use emacs lisp
2. I'm trying to learn lift web framework - was impressed with emacs looking
at David Pollac and few other few other folks

I've gone through the tutorial. I was wondering if there is a recommended
tutorial/writeup that I can go over?

Regards,
Kashyap

Hi,

start Emacs as `emacs -q' and you get all you need.

When reading the info-pages, pick the topics you are interested in.
It's too much to study all at once.

While there are a lot of similar tutorials at the net, think it's faster sticking with the info delivered: you may quickly look up certain topics later too, faster being used to.

Let's mention the separate org-mode info, when first steps are done.

Good luck,

Andreas