Re: *scratch* lost

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: *scratch* lost
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:49:51 +0200

Hi Pascal,

pjb@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:

>> Hm, I don't seem to need that.  I can always M-x switch-to-buffer
>> *scratch* RET (having to type "*scratch*" without completion since it
>> may have been killed) and end up in a perfect stracth-buffer with
>> lisp-interaction-mode.  It even works with iswitchb-buffer which asks
>> before creating the new buffer.
>
> Of course, but if you want to insert the initial-scratch-message...

OK, I loose that.  I understand that it is meant for newcomers anyway.

> And switch-to-buffer creates a buffer in default-major-mode, not
> emacs-lisp-mode.

My default-major-mode is fundamental-mode and my scratch buffer is
always in lisp-interaction-mode.  I tried to find out where that comes
from but without success.  Nothing in auto-mode-alist, magic-mode-alist,
interpreter-mode-alist.  No configuration found with grep -ir
lisp-interaction-mode ~/.emacs.d/.  Nothing found using apropos-value
lisp-interaction-mode.  Funny that it, but very handy ;-)

Best,
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)