RE: "ange-ftp" with a space in filename

From: shoichi takasaki
Subject: RE: "ange-ftp" with a space in filename
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:28:56 +0000

Hi

> (I should have done this earlier but) I used 'emacs -q' to see if this issue takes place or not and it didn't. > With this patch, I am able to connect to the same FTP that I had a connection issue and can also open a > directory with a space in the name. I will see what is causing this issue when I run emacs with my setup > files. If I need your further help, I will be back. Thank you so much for the patch and help! :)

I figured out that the line that causing this difference in my .emacs is below:
(setq shell-file-name "bash")

This is set as "c:\Program Files\Emacs\emacs\bin\cmdproxy.exe" in default and the patch works then. I am not sure why this 'bash' causes this issue. Would be great if you or someone can explain this to me.

Shoichi