Problem with .emacs

From: Hendrik Bilges
Subject: Problem with .emacs
Date: 3 Nov 2006 04:47:21 GMT

Hi,

after solving the problem with .emacs not being read (thanks to the
community :-) ) I am now confronted with an error in .emacs. I'm not good
yet at understanding what's going on in this file, most of the stuff I
simply copied from some examples on the net. Can somebody please have a
look and point out the mistake(s)?
Emacs tells me:

An error has occurred while loading `/home/billy/.emacs':
Symbol's value as variable is void: setq

I posted my .emacs here: http://phpfi.com/170452

Hendrik