Re: [Help-glpk] [Bug-glpk] [Fwd: preprocessing goes into infinite loop]

From: John Perry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Bug-glpk] [Fwd: preprocessing goes into infinite loop]
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:23:26 -0600

On Jan 14, 2012, at 5:01 PM, Robbie Morrison wrote:
> This issue is noted in the GLPK wikibook:
>
>  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Known_issues#Unbounded_integer_variables
>
> And has caused traffic on this list in the past.

Given that this behavior is "innate", the GLPK documentation should probably
say that integer variables should not be unbounded. We will certainly put a
note into Sage's documentation about this; I am opening a ticket on this now.

Is it also a bug for glp_intopt() to "Abort trap" on this system when the
variables are continuous, or is that also the same issue? In other words,
should we simply tell the user not to use unbounded variables with GLPK?

sincere thanks
john perry